Friday 30 January 2009

Gardening is Dangerous



It is still amazingly hot here. All the Indian Minor birds have their beaks wide open panting, while the rest of the birds seem to have hidden silently in the branches, too hot to let out a peep.
We were on the way to the beach yesterday afternoon and I kicked a gardening fork which went 2.5cm into my foot and got stuck, I yanked it out, bleed everywhere got scooped up by my boyfriend who thought I had been bitten by a snake and stitched up at the doctors. Now I am bed bound with my foot on a pillow, resting away while through the blinds the world gets baked. The blinds are very beautiful so it’s not so bad. The good news is I can swim so later I will hobble down and dip in the sea. I am not very good at resting but it hurts too much to get up so that helps to keep me horizontal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Madeleine

Sorry to hear about your gardening accident. Gardening can be very dangerous. I sustained a similar injury once myself. I find cooking more dangerous that gardening often cutting or burning myself. I keep telling those I cook for that I am too dangerous in the kitchen and they should take over, but no luck so far.

Hope your convalescence goes well and you make a full recovery very soon. It's good you can at least have swim. I too feel for the birds and possums in the heat.

grant said...

your turn on the couch.