Tuesday 28 October 2008

How Long is A piece of String?




I love String. It's probably not a usual thing to have a strong affinity with but there you go. My favourite is white cotton twine, the sort that comes in a neat ball and is easy to bite through. It unravels endlessly and has a thousand uses. Tie up your tomatoes, do some cats cradle, use it for a shoelace, tie a mattress on the roof of your car and drive down the highway. But today I hit the coloured string bonanza. I went down a tiny one way street to do my taxes and found this beautiful cotton cord in a huge range of colours in a shop opposite. I am so excited I’m going to use it in everything. Who thought doing your tax would give you such an instant feeling of happiness.

1 comment:

lyptis said...

hey nice pics! u shud help me with mine!!!