Tuesday 16 July 2013

Ants



I took the children to see the most wonderful puppet/performance art piece on the weekend. It was by the Polyglot theatre. There were three people in human sized ant costumes and piles of bean bag "crumbs" scattered all around. The children ran around feeding the ants and helping them build paths and nests with the crumbs, learning to communicate with them in a haphazard organic way. They almost became like worker ants busy with tasks that kept shifting and changing. Unfortunately my two year old had just spent ages climbing backwards down a long flight of stairs while I waited at the top and just as he got to the bottom the first ant appeared right next to him, he was terrified and I couldn't stop laughing poor boy it was bad timing. I didn't have my camera unfortunately so here are a few photos I found on the web.

No comments: