Sunday 11 April 2010

Harvest




Well we are feeling pretty proud of ourselves after harvesting our huge crop of pumpkins. Judging by the beautiful cloudy colour of the skins I think they must be Queensland Blues. It is a very exciting feeling to cut in to one and see such a gorgeous yellow inside and to know it’s organic and we grew it together. The baby has just started eating food so home grown pumpkin is next on the list of things to try. He has been a big help in the garden and we spend some time most days out there together. He looks at the sky and the trees and the chickens, and I prattle on about what I am up to.
Autumn is such a lovely time of the year I always think. I had a big overhaul of the garden and where mildewed pumpkin vines crept now tiny seedlings of winter vegetables are sprouting. It is a good feeling to see those future vegetables getting started.

No comments: