Friday 12 December 2008

The Origin of Species






I have been working on a paper sculpture commissioned for the Melbourne Museum to celebrate the 200 anniversary of Charles Darwin and the 150th anniversary of the publication of The Origin of Species. The brief was to make a fish jump from the pages of the book, a lizard crawl off it and a bird fly away from it. The creatures evolve out of the book its self. I handed it in today and it will be on exhibit from next Friday for six months in the foyer of the museum in Exhibition buildings, so if you are passing pop your head in you can see it for free it will be just to the right of the doors. Ill go past and take a photo of the final set up in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

grant said...

perfect example of the genius you are my friend

Maisy Brown said...

Madeleine, this is absolutely fabulous! Wished I lived in Melbourne so I could see it in person!